Are you looking for a job that is emotionally satisfying and at the same time allows you to earn handsomely? Consider becoming a Certified Nursing Assistant or a CNA as it is popularly referred to. This job involves performing a variety of duties at hospitals, nursing homes and assisted living facilities and assist patients who are temporarily or permanently unable to care for themselves. To become a Certified Nursing Assistant you would have to undergo CNA Training. There are a number of advantages of enrolling yourself for CAN training and here we shall take a look at some of them.
- Job Prospects – Healthcare industry isn’t factored around growth, recession and other market factors. With an ageing population in the United States there is great growth prospects in this career. Hence you will also have a handful of job prospects to choose from.
- Many Perks – Apart from the salary this job also offers you many other perks. You would be entitled to medical and life insurance, sick leaves, and overtime for the extra effort that you put into the job.
- Short Duration – The training program is of very short duration and extends only up to 3 months in all the states. It is a great career opportunity and doesn’t need you to possess a high degree as a high school diploma or a GED is sufficient to become a CNA.
- Scholarships – There are several types of scholarships available that allow you to train as a Certified Nursing Assistant without spending a single dollar on your own. You may have to sign an agreement and serve with certain institutes on the completion of your training.
- Advanced Nursing Programs – Many nursing schools in the country restrict admission only to Certified Nursing Assistants. So if you have future plans to become a LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse), RN (Registered Nurse), or APRN (Advanced Practice Registered Nurse) this training would help advance your career.
- Wide Choice of Jobs – There are few other training programs that would offer you as many choices as Certified Nursing Assistant training would offer you. You would be able to choose from a variety of work settings depending on your personal choice. You can work in the top rated hospitals or offer personalized care to a patient at his/her home.
With all these advantages, you should enroll yourself into CNA training and enjoy the rewards that follow. Choose the training program after due consideration such as the accreditation of the institute and the amount of clinical training that it would offer you.